Subject: [news] EuroSpeleo Forum 2020 in Spain, 6th EuroSpeleo Protection Symposium and General Assembly of the FSE - EuroSpeleo Forum 2020 en Espagne, 6ème Symposium EuroSpeleo Protection et l'Assemblée Générale du FSE
From: Alena Gessert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: Bureau FSE <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 14:33:24 +0200

To all national caving organisations, delegates and cavers - À toutes les
organisations spéléologiques nationales, délégués et spéléologues

English version (version Française ci-dessous)

Please broadcast this message to the clubs and cavers in your country.

Re-scheduling of the EuroSpeleo Forum 2020 in Burgos Spain, postponement of
the 6th EuroSpeleo Protection Symposium and the General Assembly of the FSE
in a different form due to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.

EuroSpeleo Forum

The Confederación de Espeleología y Cañones CEC and the local organisers of
the EuroSpeleoForum 2020 in Cantabria and Burgos this year are very much
concerned about the evolution of the coronavirus pandemic that we are
currently experiencing worldwide and its impact on attendance at the
congress next July in Spain.

As far as we can see, in this moment it is very difficult to predict the
extent of the confinement measures in different European countries and the
controls on domestic and international travels currently established in
most of them.

The Spanish government's immediate foresight is not to open the borders at
this moment, and there is no clear date for when they could be opened. And
the full reopening of tourist-type establishments will probably take even
longer. Likewise, the measures adopted by the governments in the different
European countries are very varied and this does not guarantee that people
can leave their countries.

For this reason, the Confederation of Speleology and Canyons (CEC) has
taken the decision to re-schedule the EuroSpeleoForum 2020 and the pre-camp
and to move the event to a later date. As the 18th International UIS
Congress is already planned in France in 2021 the EuroSpeleo Forum in Spain
will be re-scheduled after 2021.

We hope to see you all at a later date in Spain.

6th EuroSpeleo Protection Symposium

Due to the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on the freedom of travel in

Europe the Symposium in September 2020 unfortunately has to be cancellled.
In view of

the circumstances, we hope for your understanding.

But there is also good news. The new symposium date has already been fixed:
the 26 - 30 October 2021.

The subject of the symposium and the location will remain the same:
"Assessing, monitoring and protecting cave biotopes and geotopes through
Natura 2000 or similar programs in Europe" at the BfN-International Academy
for Nature Conservation on the Isle of Vilm in the Baltic Sea region in
Germany.

Participants who already have registered did receive a seperate e-mail.

General Assembly of the FSE

As the General Assembly of the FSE was programmed to be held during the
EuroSpeleo Forum 2020 in Burgos, the Bureau of the FSE has decided to
cancel the General Assembly (GAM) in a physical form. The General Assembly
will be organised in an electronic form, either per e-mail or in an
alternative way. We will plan the electronic GAM during the month of
September 2020.

We will contact all national organisations and delegates of the FSE member
countries in due time about the way we will organise this GAM 2020.

The Bureau of the FSE wishes all cavers all the best in these difficult
times. Please stay safe and healthy.

Version Française

S'il vous plaît diffuser ce message parmi les clubs et les spéléologues
dans votre pays.

Re-programmation de l’EuroSpeleo Forum 2020 à Burgos en Espagne, report du
6ème Symposium EuroSpeleo Protection et l'Assemblée Générale du FSE sous
une forme différente, en raison de la pandémie de coronavirus COVID-19.

EuroSpeleo Forum

La Confederación de Espeleología y Cañones CEC et les organisateurs locaux
de l'EuroSpeleo Forum 2020 à Burgos en Cantabrie sont très préoccupés par
l'évolution de la pandémie de coronavirus que nous connaissons
actuellement. Cette pandémie risque d’avoir un impact important sur la
participation au congrès en juillet prochain en Espagne.

Il est très difficile en ce moment de prévoir l’évolution et l’étendue des
mesures de confinement qui seront décidées dans les différents pays
européens et quels seront les contrôles concernant les voyages nationaux et
internationaux qui sont actuellement en place dans la plupart d’entre eux.

Actuellement les frontières espagnoles sont fermées et il n'y a pas de date
précise concernant leur réouverture. La  réouverture complète des
établissements accueillant les touristes interviendra sans doute à une date
ultérieure. Les mesures adoptées par les gouvernements des différents pays
européens sont très variées et cela ne garantit pas que les gens puissent
quitter leur pays.

Pour cette raison, la Confédération de Spéléologie et de Canyon (CEC) a
pris la décision de reprogrammer l'EuroSpeleo Forum 2020 et le pré-camp et
de déplacer l'événement à une date ultérieure. Le 18e Congrès international
de l'UIS étant déjà prévu en France en 2021, le Forum EuroSpeleo en Espagne
sera reprogrammé après 2021.

Nous espérons donc vous voir tous plus tard en Espagne.

6e Symposium sur la protection EuroSpeleo

En raison de la pandémie de coronavirus et de son impact sur la liberté de
voyager en Europe, le Symposium de septembre 2020 doit malheureusement être
annulé. Compte tenu des circonstances, nous espérons pouvoir compter sur
votre compréhension.

Mais nous pouvons aussi vous annonce une bonne nouvelle : la nouvelle date
du colloque est déjà fixée du 26 au 30 octobre 2021.

Le sujet du colloque et le lieu resteront les mêmes : "Évaluation,
surveillance et protection des biotopes et des géotopes des cavités grâce à
Natura 2000 ou à des programmes similaires en Europe" à la
“BfN-International Academy for Nature Conservation” sur l'île de Vilm en
mer Baltique en Allemagne.

Les participants déjà inscrits ont reçu un e-mail pour leur faire part de
ces informations.

Assemblée générale de la FSE

Étant donné que l'Assemblée générale du FSE devait se tenir lors de
l’EuroSpeleo Forum 2020 à Burgos, le Bureau du FSE a décidé d'annuler
l'Assemblée générale (AG) sous une forme physique. L'Assemblée générale
sera organisée sous forme électronique, soit par e-mail, soit de manière
alternative. Nous planifierons l’AG électronique au cours du mois de
septembre 2020.

Nous contacterons toutes les organisations nationales et les délégués des
pays membres de la FSE en temps voulu sur les modalités d’organisation de
cette AG 2020.

En ces temps difficiles, le Bureau de la FSE souhaite le meilleur à tous
les spéléologues. Veuillez rester en sécurité et en bonne santé.
With best regards

* RNDr. Alena Gessert, PhD.FSE General secretary Visit FSE’s Official
Partners at http://www.scurion.ch/jm/ <http://www.scurion.ch/jm/> -
http://www.aventureverticale.com/ <http://www.aventureverticale.com/> -
http://www.sacidkordas.com/en <http://www.sacidkordas.com/en>
https://www.facebook.com/Scurion <https://www.facebook.com/Scurion> -
https://www.facebook.com/AventureVerticale
<https://www.facebook.com/AventureVerticale> -
https://www.facebook.com/KORDAS-46136689732/
<https://www.facebook.com/KORDAS-46136689732/>*

*You are receiving this e-mail because you are a (delegated) member of the
European Speleological Federation FSE appointed by or on behalf of your
national organisation and will receive information and updates from the
European Speleological Federation FSE. Your e-mail address is only kept by
the European Speleological Federation FSE as long as you are appointed as
delegate or act on behalf of a member country or national organisation and
will be removed after you are no longer in function.*

*OR*

*You are receiving this e-mail because you have signed up to receive
information and updates from the European Speleological Federation FSE. If
you prefer not to receive this information or updates you can un-subscribe
from these e-mails by sending a request to [email-masked]
<[email-masked]> . *